Somerset Premier Cup 1st Round
Tuesday 21 October 2008 - Tannery Field - kick off 7.30pm
half-time: 1-0 result: W3-2 attendance: tbc

team: Perrin, Rollo (c), Stewart, G Jones (Holland 54), Coupe, Badman, Gosling, Connolly (Caldwell 85), Paul (Gilroy 63), Edwards, Rogers. subs not used: Simpson, Hogg.
man of the match: Jamie Gosling
scorers: Own Goal (42), Edwards (67), Holland (81)
bookings: Rollo (75), Caldwell (86)
officials: P Milton, K Lawrence, I Harley

league position: n/a form: DWWLWW next match: St Albans City (A)

Report taken from

Adie Britton made it two wins out of two as Bath City boss as his team edged past lower-league Street in the Somerset Premier Cup on Tuesday. The game was a five-goal thriller and, although Street were beaten, they gave an excellent account of themselves.

City created the first decent opportunity on 20 minutes when a Jamie Gosling effort from 18 yards flew inches wide of the upright. Darren Edwards then sent a screamer from 23 yards just over as the cup holders looked to take a hold of the game. Street’s best effort came from a deep Kye Palmer cross that found the unmarked Tom Clifford-Jones at the back post, but his goalbound header was brilliantly turned aside by Steve Perrin. The home side conceded a bizarre opening goal on 42 minutes when Ben Webb’s attempted clearance rebounded off his own defender, Danny Milner, and bobbled into the net. Webb was outjumped moments later by Martin Paul, who saw his goalbound header cleared off the line by Milner.

City went 2-0 up midway through the second half when a Gosling cross found the unmarked Edwards in the six-yard box and he directed his header wide of Webb. The Cobblers deservedly reduced the arrears on 77 minutes when Palmer’s pace proved too much for a defender and, from a free-kick 20 yards from goal, Dave Pearse sent a deflected shot wide of the wrong-footed Perrin. City regained their two-goal advantage within five minutes when a Scott Rogers delivery from out wide on the right flank was poked home from close-range by substitute Chris Holland. Street made for a thrilling finish as a superb run from Pearse saw the striker side-step three defenders before finding Jon Cox, who slid the ball past Perrin. But City saw out the closing stages to set up a trip to Frome Town or Odd Down, who meet tonight.