Blue Square South
Monday 31 August 2009 - Twerton Park - kick off 3.00pm
half-time: 0-1 result: D1-1 attendance: 620

team: Perrin, Simpson, Rollo (c), Coupe, Jones, Connolly, Perrott (Browning 86), Hogg, Edwards (Taylor 75), Mohamed, Jombati. subs not used: Caldwell, Gwinnett, Dunn.
man of the match: Mike Perrott
scorers: Perrott (64)
bookings: Coupe (50)
officials: S Knapp (Bristol), A Raggett (Weston Super Mare), M Lawrence (Bridgwater)

league position: 12th form: WWDLDD next match: B Stortford (A)

Report taken from

Mike Perrott's second-half volley earned Bath City a point at home to struggling Worcester City in front of a bank holiday crowd of 620 at Twerton Park. Rob Elvins sneaked in at the far post to give the visitors the lead five minutes before the break but Perrott struck after the break to equalise and he also went close to a winner.

The first chance fell to the visitors in the sixth minute but Marco Adaggio fired well wide, while the lively Kaid Mohamed missed the target for City seven minutes later. Gethin Jones' weak header provided an awkward moment for City keeper Steve Perrin on 15 minutes, with Elvins sliding in for the ball but not quite getting there in time. City offered plenty of neat build-up play, but struggled to create a clear-cut chance in the opening half-hour, while Worcester offered little going forward. Perrott should have given City the lead after 33 minutes when he was played in by Mohamed and took the ball past the defender but, as he looked to pass the ball past the keeper, Mark Clyde arrived in the nick of time to block the shot. Despite a few misplaced passes, City looked the more likely to score, but they were caught out five minutes before the break when Adaggio turned and crossed to the far post, where Elvins scrambled the ball home. City nearly restored the lead immediately when, following a corner, Sido Jombati's volleyed shot was met by the foot of Perrott, but he could not direct it on target from close range. Adaggio shot just wide as the first half drew to a close, while visiting midfielder Graham Ward was lucky to stay on the pitch after aiming a kick at Jombati off the ball, not spotted by any of the officials.

City wasted a chance to equalise five minutes after half-time, but they failed to take advantage of a counterattack which saw six home players against three visiting defenders. Hogg's cross to the far post was poor, but the attempted clearance rebounded off Darren Edwards and Worcester keeper Ben Hinchcliffe had to make a sharp stop. Steve Perrin had to make a good save to deny Adaggio on 63 minutes and moments later City pulled the scores level when Jombati's cross from the right was met by a well-controlled volley from Perrott which found the bottom corner. City enjoyed a bright spell, during which Gethin Jones headed just wide and a Perrott header saw Hinchcliffe save well. The visitors nearly snatched a winner with seven minutes remaining but substitute Mike Wardle's weak shot was easily dealt with by Perrin.