Monday 3 August 2009 - Lodge Road - kick off 7.45pm
half-time: 2-0 result: W5-0 attendance: n/a

team: Puddy, Jombati (Badman 45), Rollo (c) (T Evans 70), Jones, Holland (Gwinnett 70), Browning (Coupe 45), Simpson (Connolly 45), Hogg, Edwards, Cornwall (Piotrowski 45), Evans (Perrott 45). subs not used: none.
man of the match: Lewis Hogg
scorers: Cornwall (3), Holland (44), Hogg (48), Badman (56), Piotrowski (90+2)
bookings: none
officials: n/a

league position: n/a form: LWLWWW next match: Chelmsford (A)

Report taken from

Bath City wrapped up their pre-season campaign in emphatic style tonight as they strolled to a 5-0 win over Southern League side Yate Town. The two-division difference between the sides was more than evident as City controlled the game from start to finish, even after making a host of changes at half-time. It took just over a minute for the visitors to open the scoring, Darren Edwards latching onto a defensive mistake and taking the ball round keeper Stuart Wood before pulling it back for Aaron Cornwall to smash home. Jim Rollo hit the bar seconds later with a dipping half-volley and Yate defender Scott Thomas also smashed the ball against his own post while making an unorthodox clearance of a goalbound Edwards shot. With Richard Evans and Sekani Simpson providing excellent width, City carved out a host of chances but had to wait until the closing seconds of the half to double their lead. Cornwall was brought down on the edge of the box and Lewis Hogg's floated free-kick was easily headed home by defender Chris Holland. Manager Adie Britton rang the changes at half-time, sending on four substitutes including trialist Tom Piotrowski, a former TeamBath striker who had been training with Weymouth until last week. Mark Badman came on and quickly set up Hogg to make it 3-0 before deftly heading City's fourth goal over the keeper from an inviting Sido Jombati cross. Vocal centre-half Tom Evans, a former Swindon Town youth player, and left-back Raiff Gwinnett, who spent last season with Weymouth, were given a run-out for the closing 30 minutes. And there was time for Piotrowski to get his name on the scoresheet in injury time, tapping home after Edwards' shot had hit the post.