Blue Square South
Tuesday 27 October 2009 - Wessex Stadium - kick off 7.45pm
half-time: 0-0 result: W2-0 attendance: 675

team: Robinson, Jombati, Jones, Coupe (c), Holland, Connolly, Simpson (Pelecaci 72), Badman, Edwards (Douglas 80), Hogg, Evans (Perrott 53). subs not used: Browning, Rollo.
man of the match: Lewis Hogg
scorers: Holland (56), Edwards (70)
bookings: Holland (??), Jombati (??), Coupe (78)
officials: to follow

league position: 13th form: LLWWWW next match: Bromley (H)

Report taken from

Bath City eventually ran out as two-goal winners at 10-man Weymouth tonight but not without a struggle against their cash-strapped rivals from Dorset. As manager Adie Britton readily admitted, it was a lacklustre first-half performance from his team that again required some strong words in the dressing room at the interval.

In those opening 45 minutes, City might have had the lion's share of possession but it was the home side with the real openings. Weymouth began brightly and as early as the third minute had a good chance when, from a free-kick, the visitors failed to pick up former TeamBath player Josh Llewellyn who fortunately scuffed his shot wide only yards from goal. The hosts had another good opportunity just after the half-hour. A free-kick was swung across the Bath defence by Scot Dixon and David Obaze saw his header collected on the line by City keeper Ryan Robinson. At the other end, was mainly a succession of half chances and missed shots for the visitors with Darren Edwards, Sekani Simpson and Adam Connolly all firing either high or wide. Their best spell came just 10 minutes before the interval with two shots from the impressive Lewis Hogg, playing up front once again alongside Edwards, as City forced a succession of corners.

If the first half lacked any real incident the second began in the worst possible manner for the home side. Obaze, who had already been booked and warned in the first period, brought down Hogg as the City player raced through the middle. Despite going down injured, Obaze was shown a second yellow card leaving the Terras with 10 men. It proved to be a turning point. Just four minutes later City won a free-kick and while waiting for it to be taken, Edwards was involved in a minor scuffle with Terras keeper Ryan Harrison. With Harrison continuing to protest to referee Mr Swaby, Hogg swung the ball across the area, the keeper came and nowhere near it, and Chris Holland decisively headed home. With just under 20 minutes to go City then got their second of the night. This time it was from a Hogg corner, played deep and headed on by Connolly to sub Mike Perrot whose shot was blocked. However, Edwards was on hand to fire home from a couple of yards. From then on City were dominant as they exploited the space left in the absence of Obaze. Perrott had two chances, one tipped over by Harrison and the second going straight into the keeper's hands. The closing stages also saw striker Stuart Douglas make his first appearance of the season after major neck surgery. It was City's second league victory in a row and, although against the bottom side, still a stern test of their resolve given the history between the local rivals. For City, another valuable three points as they battle to climb the league table. For Weymouth, a result that only adds to their woes as the local rumours strongly suggest the Terras are about to go into administration.