Blue Square South
Tuesday 16 February 2010 - Twerton Park - kick off 3.00pm
half-time: 1-1 result: D1-1 attendance: 428

team: Robinson, Jones, Jombati, Coupe (c), Holland, Connolly, Simspon, Badman, Edwards (Gilroy 67), Mohamed, Bartlett (Rollo 89). subs not used: Harris, Mackie, Caldwell.
man of the match: Ryan Robinson
scorers: Edwards (8)
bookings: none
officials: M Russell (Bristol), R Smith (Chippenham), S Woodley (Tidworth)

league position: 7th form: DWWdWD next match: Weymouth (H)

Report taken from

Bath City escaped with a draw after surviving a number of close scares at home to Havant and Waterlooville. Darren Edwards put City ahead early on but Manny Williams equalised and had a number of chances to win it for the visitors. Dave Gilroy came off the bench for City and nearly deflected a clearance by Havant keeper Aaron Howe into the net but the match finished level. Chris Holland returned to the City starting line-up but Jim Rollo had to settle for a place on the bench and, with the other four scheduled Blue Square South games all postponed, Adie Britton's men knew a win would send them fourth.

Havant earned a series of early corners, while Williams' shot was deflected wide after a mistake from Holland let him through on goal. However, after weathering the early storm, City came forward and good work from Kaid Mohamed got the ball to Scott Bartlett, who crossed from the byline for Edwards to head home the opener. The hosts were unable to build on the goal, though, and Havant continued their aerial assault on the City penalty area. Visiting striker Mustafa Tiryaki had a shot saved by Ryan Robinson's legs on 18 minutes, while Joe Tabiri's curling shot also forced the City keeper into action three minutes later. City could have doubled their lead when great work from Gethin Jones on the right saw him cross to Edwards but this time his header was saved by Havant keeper Aaron Howe. The hosts seemed to be gaining a foothold in the game but a Jon McDonald long throw set up the equaliser as the ball was headed high into the air and Williams hooked it in from close range with his back to goal. City finished the half the stronger, earning a couple of corners, one of which saw Mark Badman fire well wide from the edge of the box, but the score remained 1-1 at the break.

McDonald missed a glorious chance to put the visitors ahead early in the second half when he fired into the side-netting with the goal at his mercy and moments later Williams' sharp volley forced Robinson into a save. A mistake by Matt Coupe on 55 minutes let Williams through on goal but his effort was blocked by Robinson as City's goal continued to lead a charmed life. Robinson thwarted Williams again, while Sekani Simpson wasted a rare chance for City when he blasted over with his left foot, moments before Dave Gilroy came off the bench for his first appearance after his return on loan to Twerton Park. Williams then missed another chance for Havant as he could not get a strong enough touch to the ball from a long throw. Gilroy headed wide from an Adam Connolly cross but the visitors continued to have the better of the game. A Sido Jombati volley flew just over the bar as City came more into the game, which was becoming scrappy. Tiryaki forced Robinson into a good save, while Gilroy charged down a Howe kick and the ball bounced agonisingly across goal, but neither side could find a winner.