Pre-Season Friendly
Friday 16 July 2010 - Cossham Street - kick off 7.30pm
half-time: 1-2 result: D2-2 attendance: n/a

team: Lewis, Jones, Ruddick, Coupe, Webb, Harris, Badman, Klukowski, Phillips, Mohamed, Hogg. subs used: Simpson, Edwards, Kite, Bryant. subs not used: Robinson, Reick, Rollo.
man of the match: Danny Webb
scorers: Klukowski (3), Webb (56)
bookings: none
officials: n/a

league position: n/a form: ---LWD next match: Almondsbury (A)

Report taken from Mangotsfield United website

An entertaining pre season friendly ended all square as Mangotsfield United impressed against a strong Bath City squad. Unlike in the opening friendly manager Phil Bater opted to use only six substitutes all made during the second half which saw Michael Meaker make his first appearance of pre season.

Mangotsfield made an ideal start, taking the lead inside the opening minute through Tom Knighton after Jack Pitcher found space on the right to pick out the unmarked Knighton who applied the finish from close range. However the lead lasted just two minutes as Bath levelled through trialist Jan Kluwkowski who latched onto a cross from the left to score from six yards out. A bright start to the match continued with Mangotsfield opening up the Bath defence on nine minutes when after receiving the ball on the right edge of the area Jack Pitcher played in Mitchell Page who took the ball in his stride to burst into the box and test Bath City goalkeeper Mike Lewis who saved at the second attempt at his near post. Moments later Lee Philips a recent addition from Cambridge United went close to drawing Bath City level for a second time when drilling a low shot just wide of the left hand hand upright with goalkeeper Danny Greaves at full stretch. On eighteen minutes Philips spurned another chance this time going close when heading over at the back post after good work down the Mangotsfield left from skipper Lewis Hogg. During a five minute spell midway through the half Mangotsfield created a couple of good chances before re-taking the lead. The first came on twenty minutes and fell to Matt Groves who after beating two players and working some space shot wide from twenty yards. Four minutes later Tom Knighton was denied a second goal with a rare header which Mike Lewis did well to claw away when at full length low down to his left. Mangotsfield regained the lead on twenty four minutes from a corner on the left which Tom Knighton delivered to the heart of the Bath City six yard box where the unmarked Mitchell Page headed home. The visitors finished the half on the front foot, on forty two minutes Kaid Mohammad received the ball in central midfield and made ten yards before blazing wide with a fierce strike from twenty five yards. Two minutes before half time a free kick worked short to Gethin Jones caught Mangotsfield out allowing Jones to pick his spot only for his curling effort from twenty yards to be watched wide by Danny Greaves.

After creating a number of chances during the first half Mangotsfield failed to test Mike Lewis during a second half in which six substitutes were introduced. However, despite Bath City equalising on fifty six minutes through Danny Webb's back post header and the visitors enjoying good spells of possession in the last twenty five minutes a hard working Mangotsfield United side limited Bath City to one other notable chance this coming in the final minute when Danny Greaves came smartly off his line to block at the feet of Mitchell Bryant.