Pre-Season Friendly
Tuesday 20 July 2010 - Twerton Park - kick off 7.45pm
half-time: 0-1 result: L0-4 attendance: n/a

team: Robinson (Burton 45), Simpson (Rollo 60), Ruddick, Webb, Jones, Harris (Badman 60), Hogg (c), Jombati (Murray 45), Phillips (Reid 45), Mohamed (Edwards 64), Bryant (Mackie 45). subs not used: Coupe, Klukowski, Rieck.
man of the match: Kaid Mohamed
scorers: none
bookings: Webb (56)
officials: R Martin, J Bishop, R Hulme

league position: n/a form: -LWDDL next match: Gloucester City (H)

Report taken from

Bath City were well beaten by an impressive Exeter City outfit at Twerton Park tonight. Adie Britton's men struggled to impose themselves against Football League opposition, who looked more comfortable on the ball and a more cohesive unit.

City included two of their summer signings in defence, Luke Ruddick and Danny Webb, but neither covered themselves in glory in the eighth minute when Exeter took the lead with the simplest of goals. Ruddick allowed full-back Steve Tully to cross from the right and Richard Logan was left completely unmarked ten yards out to put a free header past Ryan Robinson. The home keeper then could only stand and watch as Exeter trialist Jamie Cureton, formerly of Bristol Rovers, fizzed a long-range shot just past the far post in the 20th minute. City had struggled to get a foothold in the game in the opening stages but could have had a penalty in the 25th minute when Scott Golbourne appeared to handle a knockdown by Gethin Jones. However, referee Richard Martin immediately waved away their appeals. But Exeter were still looking the better team and home defender Webb was fortunate not to put through his own net as he attempted to clear Ryan Harley's cross. Robinson then had to produce two fine saves in quick succession to deny Logan and Matt Taylor before City launched a quick break through Kaid Mohamed, who fired his shot straight at visiting keeper Paul Jones when he could have teed up trialist Mitchell Taylor. Mohamed went close again a couple of minutes later, his angled drive just missing the far post after taking the slightest of deflections off an Exeter defender.

City boss Adie Britton rang the changes at half-time, sending on Bristol City legend Scott Murray for his debut following his move to Twerton Park. Another new signing, striker Jake Reid, replaced Lee Phillips and Hector Mackie came on for the quiet Bryant, while trialist keeper Terry Burton was given another chance to impress. And he did just that in the 53rd minute, diving low to his right to tip Harley's shot around the post following a quality lay-off by Cureton. The trialist striker then glanced a header narrowly wide from a free-kick, moments after Exeter boss Paul Tisdale had sent on his first three subs of the night - James Dunne, Jake Thomson and Scott Bennett. It was the start of a flurry of changes on both sides, with Cureton visibly disappointed when he was replaced in the 62nd minute. The changes inevitably disrupted the flow of the game but sub James Norwood could have doubled Exeter's lead, only to put a free header well off target. However, the visitors did make it 2-0 in the 68th minute when a low cross from the right fell kindly for Dunne, who sidefooted home from close range. City had created few chances but sub Darren Edwards did well to forge a shooting opportunity five minutes later, only to see his effort go over the bar. But Ben Watson was more accurate with his 25-yard strike in the 81st minute, his fine effort on the turn beating static keeper Burton all ends up. And the Exeter sub was on target again with three minutes remaining, albeit from much closer range as he forced the ball under Burton from inside the six-yard box. BATH CITY: