Pre-Season Friendly
Tuesday 3 August 2010 - Winterfield Road - kick off 7.30pm
half-time: 0-0 result: D1-1 attendance: n/a

team: Borhy (Guibot 55), Simpson, Jombati, Webb (Coupe 71), Jones, Connolly (Harris 70), Murray (Mackie 55), Canham, Mohamed (Edwards 62), Phillips (Reid 74), Hogg (c). subs not used: Rollo, Hart, Badman.
man of the match: Marc Canham
scorers: Reid (75)
bookings: none
officials: n/a

league position: n/a form: DDLWDD next match: Weston SM (A)

Report taken from

Bath City had to settle for another draw against lower-league opposition after a competitive friendly with Zamaretto League Division 1 South & West side Paulton Rovers. Although City had the lionís share of chances, with the Blue Square Bet Premier season fast approaching manager Adie Britton must be concerned that the goals have yet to flow for side this summer. The one they managed at Winterfield Road came from substitute Jake Reid, who cancelled out a strike from ex-TeamBath forward Matt Cooper.

Cityís first opportunity came on 25 minutes when Scott Murray saw a rather tame shot easily taken by Rovers keeper Kyle Phillips. Lee Phillips then brought out a diving save from his namesake in the home goal. With City becoming increasingly dominant they should have again opened their account when Phillips played in an unmarked Kaid Mohamed, who, running on, could find no way past the Paulton keeper. The move of the half came just before the interval. Starting with Murray deep in the visitorsí half, the ball was played on to Mohamed, who timed his pass perfectly for Phillips to run on to. The former Torquay frontman, however, could only shoot straight at Kyle Phillips. However, it was far from one way traffic and Paulton had two good opportunities themselves. Just after the quarter-hour mark, Cityís French trialist keeper, Alban Guibot, saved a long-range shot from Jack Alward, followed by a further reflex save to foil veteran Rob Claridge following up. Guibot was again called into action four minutes before the interval when he saved a Claridge shot from the edge of the 18-yard box.

The second half had goals but was altogether a scrappier affair as both managers made the usual plethora of substitutions. Cityís first was swapping a French keeper for an Italian as Jan Carlow, formerly of Verona, was given the chance to impress. The home side opened the scoring when a long ball down the left was well taken by Chris Lane, who crossed into the box. Carlow probably should have come for the ball, failed to do so, and presented substitute Cooper with an easy goal. Ten minutes later, City were back on level terms when Sido Jombati crossed for Reid to fire home, having been on the pitch for 60 seconds. City should have scored a winner in the closing minutes when Darren Edwards got free on goal, but Phillips capped a fine performance by saving with his feet.