Blue Square Bet Premier
Saturday 18 September 2010 - Twerton Park - kick off 3.00pm
half-time: 0-1 result: D2-2 attendance: 951

team: Robinson, J Edwards (Mackie 75), Jones (Rollo 81), Webb, Jombati, Simpson, Connolly, Canham, Phillips (D Edwards 83), Mohamed, Hogg (c). subs not used: Hart, Harris.
man of the match: Sido Jombati
scorers: Hogg (90+4). Mackie (90+5)
bookings: none
officials: S Cook (Woking), A Bird (Chippenham), C Hicks (Sutton)

league position: 22nd form: LdLDLD next match: Tamworth (A)

Report taken from

Two goals deep into injury time earned Bath City a point at home to Darlington after trailing for much of the match. Chris Senior had struck against the run of play to give Darlington a first-half lead before Liam Hatch doubled the lead after the break. But City left it late as Hogg pulled a goal back in the fourth minute of stoppage time and moments later substitute Hector Mackie hit a sublime curling shot into the top corner to spark wild scenes of celebration. With Hogg returning from suspension, Mohamed also came back into the side to play in a wide left role and caused problems in the early stages.

Adam Connolly had a shot blocked from close range and another effort go well wide as City continued to have the better of the match. The best of the first-half chances fell to Lee Phillips, who shot just wide after good work from Hogg and Marc Canham ten minutes in. Darlington threatened occasionally but the hosts looked the more likely to break the deadlock and had penalty appeals down after 22 minutes when Phillips went down. The visitors went in front on 25 minutes when Hatch linked up with Senior, who headed the ball over a stranded Ryan Robinson at the second attempt. The goal seemed to take the stuffing out of a lively City performance but they still closed the half the stronger, having appeals for a handball outside the box by goalkeeper Sam Russell turned down and creating two headed chances. Gethin Jones headed wide from a Canham free-kick and then Phillips missed a great chance from a Sekani Simpson cross, but the score remained 1-0 at half-time, during which Bladud was unveiled as the name of the new City mascot. Mohamed turned down a good shooting opportunity seven minutes into the second half and moments later Senior was running through on Robinson at the other end. The City keeper got a touch to the shot, which rebounded against the post and back to Senior on the byline, but Danny Webb arrived in time to make the vital tackle. City responded well and caused some problems in the Darlington penalty area but could not create a clear shooting chance.

The match became a tighter affair, in contrast to the open game seen during much of the first half, and both sides struggled to create a clear-cut opportunity. However, Darlington doubled their lead after 69 minutes when Senior laid the ball across to Hatch, who unleashed a powerful shot from the edge of the box that gave Robinson no chance. City brought on Mackie in a bid to launch some energy into the attack but there seemed little chance of a goal for the hosts, who also brought on Jim Rollo to replace the injured Gethin Jones and Darren Edwards for Phillips. Darlington also made some substitutions in the final ten minutes and it needed a last-ditch tackle from Webb to prevent a third goal for the visitors. The announcement of six minutes of injury time gave City a lift and in the fourth of the added minutes, Mohamed laid the ball across to Hogg, who passed the ball into the back of the net to halve Darlington's lead. A minute later Twerton Park erupted when Mohamed back-heeled the ball to Mackie, who curled the ball expertly into the top corner from the edge of the box to rescue a dramatic late point for City.