Pre-Season Friendly
Saturday 7 August 2010 - Woodspring Stadium - kick off 3.00pm
half-time: 1-1 result: D1-1 attendance: n/a

team: Robinson, Simpson (Coupe 83), Ruddick (Jombati 72) Jones (Rollo 54), Webb (Badman 83), Canham (Harris 66), Murray (Reid 78), Connolly, Mohamed (Mackie 61), Phillips (Edwards 76), Hogg (c).
man of the match: ?
scorers: Canham (30)
bookings: none
officials: A Murphy

league position: n/a form: DLWDDD next match: Hayes & Yeading (A)

Report taken from

Bath City ended their pre-season campaign with yet another draw against lower league opposition, their third 1-1 scoreline in succession. And Saturday's draw at Weston left City manager Adie Britton concerned at his side's inability to force home their superiority. “Our fitness levels are OK but our overall pattern of play and the performance was poor," he said. "It was a typical pre-season game and we can't take a huge amount out of it. It was a match where both sides played ‘you keep it, then we keep it’. The danger is you have an awful lot of the football but there’s not a lot of purpose to it”.

As Britton suggested, the game followed something of a pre-ordained pattern in more ways than one - a competitive first half with little between the two sides, a couple of quick goals and then a second half where the main task was simply keeping track of the plethora of substitutions. Early on both sides had chances with Newport County loanee Keiron Blackburn doing well for the home side in keeping out a Lewis Hogg free-kick from 20 yards after just four minutes. This was followed six minutes later by Lee Phillips only marginally failing to get on the end of a good Marc Canham cross. However, it was hardly all one-way traffic with diminutive former Bristol Rovers academy player Sahr Kabba giving the City defence plenty to think about. First, he outpaced defender Danny Webb but his goalbound shot lacked power and was easily cleared. Then, a minute later, Kabba gave the ball to Ben Kirk whose shot rebounded to safety off the legs of Gethin Jones. The home side did go in front in the 30th minute but in fortunate style as City keeper Ryan Robinson provided a Rob Green World Cup replica moment, allowing a ground-skimming shot from Weston's Justin Porter to trickle through his hands. Robinson looked to have safely made the save with his whole body behind the ball but then stared somewhat in disbelief as it crept into the net. City fans had only a minute to wait before their side was back on level terms. Phillips chased a ball into the box before being tackled. The Seasiders casually cleared the ball out of defence, only for it to fall to Canham some 30 yards from goal. Despite the distance the midfielder made perfect contact and his shot curled into the top right hand corner of the net.

From then on it was all stalemate and substitutions, although Weston looked the most likely winners as the City back line from time to time left gaping holes in the defence. With the second period only six minutes old a cross by former City player Kane Ingram saw Kabba only inches away from pushing the ball over the line. Later a free-kick from Ingram found an unmarked Craig Rand who headed his shot against the post. This was followed just four minutes later by the lively Ingam shooting wide.