Blue Square Bet Premier
Tuesday 21 September 2010 - The Lamb Ground - kick off 7.45pm
half-time: 2-1 result: D2-2 attendance: 920

team: Robinson, Simpson, Rollo, Webb, Jombarti, J Edwards, Connolly, Hogg (c), Canham, Phillips (D Edwards 64), Mohamed (Harris 76). subs not used: Hart, Badman, Mackie.
man of the match: Jim Rollo
scorers: Mohamed (19), Connolly (33)
bookings: Harris (81), Hogg (83), J Edwards (90)
officials: J Busby, P Redmond, A Gillett

league position: 20th form: dLDLDD next match: Fleetwood Town (A)

Report taken from

Few, other than the most loyal Bath City supporter, would have given their side much of a chance when they travelled to Blue Square Bet Premier high-fliers Tamworth. That they very nearly came away with all three points was testament to probably the visitors’ best performance of the season. Superb strikes from Kaid Mohamed and Adam Connolly gave Adie Britton’s team a two-goal lead which was later cancelled out by Alex Rodman and Jay Smith, but the point was enough to lift City out of the relegation places.

It was a match that began with the home side attempting to stamp their authority on the game early on with crunching tackles on Mohamed and Connolly. The tactic earned a yellow card for Daniel Bradley with the game only ten minutes old. Despite this, it was the visitors who opened the scoring on 19 minutes. Mohamed was released down the left and he jinked past Richard Tait before unleashing a strong, curving shot that sailed past the left hand of keeper Ross Adkins and into the Tamworth net. Fourteen minutes later, the sizeable contingent of City fans behind the goal were in ecstasy. From a throw in just in front of the home dug out the ball fell to Connolly. Despite being 35 yards from goal, the midfielder unleashed a dipping shot which curved over Adkins to give City their second of the evening. It almost seemed too good to true and so it proved when seven minutes before the interval Tamworth won a corner on the left. The ball into the box was helped on at the near post by Tom Marshall for Rodman to flick past Ryan Robinson.

The first half was conducted at a frenetic pace and the second continued in that vein, but this was no one-sided contest. Mohamed very nearly added to City’s lead when he got free down the left before putting in a cross-cum-shot that sailed past the far post. Minutes later, a quickly-taken free-kick saw a Lee Phillips effort flash across goal, before Sido Jombati had a header turned off the line by Tait. City again went close to sewing up three points when the ball fell to Lewis Hogg 25 yards from goal after Tamworth failed to clear a corner. Hogg fired a rasping volley which Adkins did well to turn away, but proved to be the visitors’ last serious attempt on goal. As City tired the impetus began to drift Tamworth’s way and on 70 minutes they found the equaliser. Scott Barrow pulled the City defence over to the right and after taking the ball to the buline put in a cross which defender Smith, racing in, side-footed into the net. Tamworth could have grabbed a winner in stoppage time but with Robinson beaten, Kyle Perry’s shot flicked off the crossbar. Had it gone in, it would have been rough justice for a fine battling performance from City, whose long trip to Fleetwood at the weekend is suddenly looking a lot more attractive.