Blue Square Bet Premier
Saturday 5 Febraury 2011 - Aggborough Stadium - kick off 3.00pm
half-time: 0-1 result: L0-1 attendance: 1500

team: Robinson, Simpson, Rollo (c) (Hogg 61), Jones, Bati, Connolly, Canham, Burnell, Phillips (Watson 74), Mohamed, Murray (Watkins 69). subs not used: Ruddick, Hart.
man of the match: Gethin Jones
scorers: none
bookings: none
officials: A Bennett (England)

league position: 12th form: LLWDWL next match: Tamworth (H)

Report taken from

Bath City suffered their first defeat in four Blue Square Bet Premier matches as they went down to Tom Shaw’s first-half goal at Aggborough this afternoon. It was play-off chasing hosts Kidderminster Harriers who undoubtedly needed the victory more. During the week a planned takeover of the club fell through, leaving them deep in financial difficulties, their players allegedly unpaid, and still facing a winding up order for back taxation. In comparison City’s need for just four more victories this season to almost certainly guarantee safety looked slight.

An accomplished first-half performance from Kidderminster saw City go in trailing at half-time, the only goal of the game arriving on 33 minutes after Scott Murray had lost the ball on the edge of the 18-yard box. Midfielder Shaw battled his way through a crowd of defenders before unleashing an unstoppable shot that had the recalled Ryan Robinson’s net bulging. Robinson initially looked confident on his first appearance since making way for loan keeper Carl Pentney in October, but then struggled after the opening goal. Earlier City had their best chance of the half. A nice passing move between Lee Phillips and Kaid Mohamed came to Adam Connolly. From the edge of the Kidderminster area Connolly produced a dipping shot which rebounded off the crossbar with Harriers keeper Daniel Lewis beaten. It was a rare City attack as Kidderminster came to terms best with the blustery conditions. Their attack, led by Chris McPhee and Nick Wright, always looked dangerous through the centre of the pitch.

It was a different story in the second period and as the game went on City cranked up the pressure on the home defence. They came close to pulling level just before the hour mark when Mohamed went on a run down the left and beat two defenders before unleashing a shot that ricocheted off the bar. It was the second time in the match that City had hit the woodwork but, far from acting as a discouragement, it only seemed to stir the visitors. With 15 minutes to go a Marc Canham corner was flicked on at the near post by Gethin Jones for Joe Burnell to head home, only for the defender to put the ball over the bar. City’s dominance was such that at the next corner Harriers drew all 11 players back into their area as they struggled to maintain their single-goal advantage. A Mohamed free-kick fell to substitute Ben Watson, whose instinctive shot was well saved by Lewis. Finally, deep into stoppage time, City continued to pour forward and the returning Marley Watkins shot over following a fine run from Mohamed.