Blue Square Bet Premier
Saturday 5 March - Twerton Park - kick off 3.00pm
half-time: 0-1 result: D1-1 attendance: 890

team: Robinson, Simpson (Rollo 32), Burnell (Mackie 69), Jones (c), Clough, Jombati, Murray, Connolly, Canham, Mohamed, Watkins. subs not used: Henry, Borhy, Brown.
man of the match: Charlie Clough
scorers: Mohamed (90+5)
bookings: Clough (88), Mohamed (90)
officials: A Davies (Southampton), A Hopkins (Plymouth), J McCaffrey (Lauceston)

league position: 14th form: WLDWLD next match: Mansfield Town (A)

Report taken from

Kaid Mohamed struck in the fifth minute of injury time to rescue a point for Bath City at home to Kettering Town. It was the absolute minimum that City deserved after an utterly dominant second-half performance. City had played well enough in the first half as well but fell behind to Jean-Paul Marna's 29th-minute goal. Despite their dominance in the second period, clear-cut chances were few and far between for City but they finally broke through deep into stoppage time when Sido Jombati's powerful shot was blocked and Mohamed fired home the rebound. City made two changes from their 5-1 defeat at Rushden & Diamonds, with Joe Burnell replacing Jim Rollo and Mohamed replacing the injured Lee Phillips. Charlie Clough made his home debut for City, while suspensions forced visitors Kettering to start with third-choice goalkeeper Nick Bussey.

City made a bright start, producing several neat moves but struggling to open up the Kettering defence to create a scoring chance. Marc Canham was involved in several of City's moves but the best early chance came when Burnell and Mohamed combined to set up Scott Murray, but his weak shot was easily saved by Bussey. Kettering's first chance fell to Marcus Kelly on 15 minutes but his shot went wide, while Luke O'Neill fired over from distance as the visitors began to get into the game. City survived a scare in the 24th minute when Ryan Robinson was caught off his line but Marna's shot could not get past the home keeper. Kettering went ahead five minutes later when Jon Challinor's ball in fell kindly to Marna, who took his time before shooting low into the corner. City finished the half strongly and, unlike the opening 20 minutes, produced some chances to show for it. Clough headed a corner dangerously back across goal, while Mohamed shot wide from long range. Jombati nearly created a goal out of nothing, cutting in from the left and shooting hard and low, but Bussey held the ball well. Marley Watkins had the best chance two minutes before the break when Murray's cross found him unmarked at the far post, but Watkins' header went straight at Bussey.

Playing down the slope in the second half, City made a bright start but again had little to show for it other than a Mohamed shot which went well wide from a tight angle. Danny Mills headed over from a Kettering corner but City were still largely on top and Mohamed shot wide from 25 yards, as did Canham from a free-kick. Mohamed headed over from a Murray cross as City continued to dominate and Adie Britton sent on Hector Mackie for Joe Burnell after 69 minutes. O'Neill shot over as Kettering had a rare chance, while another Murray cross caused problems in the visiting defence but City could not take advantage. The pressure became more and more incessant, with Clough shooting over from the edge of the box and Canham presenting the keeper with an easy save from 20 yards as Kettering could barely get out of their own half. Despite their now total dominance, City could not fashion a good chance, despite dangerous crosses from Jombati and Mackie from the left. The announcement of five minutes of injury time prompted the crowd to roar City on for one last push and it paid off at the death when Jombati's powerful shot was palmed away by Bussey and Mohamed showed good composure to volley home.