Blue Square Bet Premier
Saturday 17 September 2011 - New Bucks Head - kick off 3.00pm
half-time: 1-1 result: L1-2 attendance: 2093

team: Garner, Simpson, Stonehouse, Jones (c), Clough, Watkins (Hogg 73), Burnell (Russell 73), Canham, Swallow, Agdestein, Phillips. subs not used: Rollo, Preece, Egan.
man of the match: Marley Watkins
scorers: Watkins (21)
bookings: Swallow (12)
officials: D Ford, M Hutchinson, A Harvey

league position: 24th form: DLLLLL next match: Luton Town (H)

Report taken from

Adie Britton has admitted his job may be on the line after seeing his winless Bath City team slump to another defeat this afternoon. The frustrated manager was at a loss to explain how his side had, for the second time in four days, dominated a game but come away with nothing to show for it. And with just two points on the board after the opening nine matches, Britton conceded that changes may need to be made - and not just on the pitch. "We've now lost four games by the odd goal and at some stage that has to turn around or something has to be done about it," said Britton, whose side paid the price for conceding sloppy goals at the start of each half. "There are only a couple of things that can be done and that's either a change in the players or a change in the management and coaching. We are realistic - something has to change and it has to happen soon. "In the past I've had sides that have gone on bad runs but you know that you just aren't good enough in certain areas. This is a new problem, really, because I think we're good enough in pretty much every area. "It's not that the players aren't motivated - the spirit in the dressing room is good, we're together but we just can't get that win. I can't quite put my finger on it. We just have to go away and have a good think about it."

One thing City have to cut out, if they are to start climbing the table, is giving the opposition the initiative. They have not led a game all season and, after conceding in the opening minute during last week's home defeat to Southport, they were slow out of the blocks twice more at The New Bucks Head Stadium. Just 70 seconds were on the clock when the visiting defence failed to cut out a cross from the left and, despite doing his hardest to miss it, Chris Sharp was able to bundle the ball home at the back post. From then on, however, it was all City as a new-look forward line, featuring pacy loan signings Ben Swallow and Torbjorn Agdestein, played with the kind of verve that had been lacking in the opening weeks of the campaign. Lee Phillips looked reinvigorated by the young talent around him as well and played an important part in the visitors' 22nd-minute equaliser, cleverly allowing Paul Stonehouse's pass to run through to the galloping Marley Watkins. The winger then drew the keeper off his line before confidently lifting the ball over him and into the net. It was a fine finish but, despite creating a host of chances, no further goals were to follow for the visitors. Both Charlie Clough and Phillips had efforts blocked on the line from a corner, while the latter also skewed a shot wide from the edge of the box.

Telford looked a poor team but were gifted the lead for a second time two minutes after the break. Sean Newton floated in a free-kick and Andy Brown was left free to nod home from eight yards, with both centre-halves and keeper Glyn Garner looking on. Garner made amends midway through the half with an outstanding double save to twice deny Dwayne Samuels but was rarely threatened apart from that as City again assumed the upper hand. However, Agdestein lifted the ball over the bar after being played through by Stonehouse, while home keeper Ryan Young made fine blocks to thwart Swallow and, from the subsequent corner, Gethin Jones. City ran out of steam in the last 25 minutes and will need to find an energy boost ahead of Tuesday's tough home game against title favourites Luton Town (7.45pm).