Blue Square Bet Premier
Friday 6 April 2012 - The Lamb Ground - kick off 7.45pm
half-time: 0-0 result: 1-0 attendance: 957

team: Garner, Rollo, Stonehouse, Preece, Jones (c), Gallinagh (Simpson 16), M Canham, Russell (Connolly 81), Murray (Watkins 67), Hogg, Cook. subs not used: Egan, Smith.
man of the match: Glyn Garner
scorers: Cook (78)
bookings: Rollo (56)
officials: West

league position: 24th form: WLLLLW next match: Forest Green (H)

Report taken from

Jamie Cook's first league goal of the season and some good saves from keeper Glyn Garner earned Bath City a welcome boost at the end of a week in which their relegation was confirmed. Former Crawley Town striker Cook firmly headed home Marc Canham's corner with 12 minutes to go to earn Adie Britton's battlers only their second away win of the season. Garner also got the better of his duel with Tamworth attacking midfielder Scott Barrow to secure just the third clean sheet of a difficult campaign. City boss Adie Britton made three changes to the team which lost 4-1 to Fleetwood Town last weekend, with the ever-reliable trio of Jim Rollo, Gethin Jones and Lewis Hogg replacing Sekani Simpson, the injured Joe Burnell and Adam Connolly respectively.

Rollo started at right-back but had to move to the left side of the defence after 15 minutes to replace Andy Gallinagh, who was unable to continue after taking a blow to the face. Simpson - a former Tamworth player - came off the bench. That came moments after the first shot on goal, with Barrow's well-struck free-kick from 25 yards producing a good parry from Garner. Barrow beat the City keeper on the half-hour mark but the goal was ruled out after the linesman flagged for a foul by Jean-Paul Marna, who pulled Jones' shirt during the build-up. The visitors were thwarted moments later by the other assistant referee, who flagged for offside against Scott Murray after a beautiful turn and pass by Alex Russell. That was a moment of great skill from the veteran midfielder but was eclipsed a couple of minutes later when Jamie Cook spotted Lambs keeper Jonathan Hedge off his line and tried an audacious lob from inside the centre circle which dropped just the wrong side of the post. At the other end, a cross from Lambs danger-man Barrow found Marna 12 yards out but Garner did well to block the shot with his legs. The keeper also saved from Barrow with the last kick of the half as the teams went into the break goalless.

Barrow and Garner renewed their rivalry 12 minutes into the second half, with the keeper brilliantly parrying a header from the Lambs attacking midfielder. The ball fell invitingly for Marna, who skied his shot so badly it went out of the ground. Marna's next shot was on target but superbly blocked by Rollo, sparking a swift City counter-attack which ended with Murray firing in a rising shot which went wide of the near post. The winger was further off target with his next shot, putting it well over when he would have been better off playing in Cook, and was replaced soon after by Marley Watkins. Lambs boss Marcus Law, who had already sent on striker Kyle Patterson for left-back Habergham, made a double attacking change with 21 minutes to go, replacing Charlier Collins and Nick McKoy with Liam McDonald and Nick McKoy. However, the hosts were unable to find a breakthrough and, instead, it was City who took the lead with 12 minutes to go. A good period of pressure ended with the visitors earning their third corner of the game. Canham swung the ball in and Cook met it firmly with his head from six yards to net his first league goal of the season and secure three welcome points in City's quest to avoid finishing bottom.