Blue Square Bet South
Tuesday 30 October 2012 - Silverlake Stadium - kick off 7.45pm
half-time: 1-3 result: L1-3 attendance: 525

team: Garner, Ball, Brown, Hooman, Jones (c), Burnell, Low (Cummings 83), Rollo (Morgan 50), Allen, S Canham, Keats. subs not used: Hopkinson, preece, Mellor.
man of the match: Josh Low
scorers: Allen (33)
bookings: none
officials: A Coggins

league position: 14th form: DLLWWL next match: Farnborough (H)

Report taken from

A fifth goal in four games from Chris Allen could not prevent Bath City's recent revival coming to an end against a fired-up Eastleigh side. Rumour has it that strong words were spoken in the Eastleigh dressing room by manager Richard Hill after their 1-0 defeat at Eastbourne Borough on Saturday. And they were certainly words that worked as Eastleigh started this match like a team on fire, to the extent that they were 2-0 up with just quarter of an hour gone.

Their first goal came on 11 minutes when the City defence pushed up but Damien Scannell sprung the offside trap to run through the centre and score. The home side doubled their total four minutes later when the impressive Scannell put in a powerful cross from the left. Glyn Garner could only parry Moses Ademola's shot and Craig McAllister fired home the rebound from close range. Garner then saved his side from further damage seconds later when he made a great double save from Ademola and McAllister. However, City - who had scored nine goals in their preceding three games - still had the potential to spring a surprise and, from virtually their first attack, got back into the game when Allen followed up to score after Josh Low's powerful strike proved too hot for Eastleigh keeper Ross Flitney to handle. It proved to be just a temporary stem to the tide, though, as the impressive home side swept forward once more. Substitute Dale Binns broke through the middle before putting the ball out wide to Scannell, whose cross was converted by Jai Reason.

The second period was a much tamer affair as Eastleigh sat on their lead and let City back into the game. Sean Canham had a shot charged down just before the hour mark after a good run by Allen, while Low got on the end of a good cross from Dan Ball but could only fire straight at Flitney. With 20 minutes to go, City had a reasonable penalty shout turned down after substitute Kerry Morgan fired straight against the hand of an Eastleigh defender. In the end City finished the stronger of the two sides but could not break down a resolute home defence as they lost for the first time in three games.