Blue Square Bet South
Saturday 23 February 2013 - Mayday Trust Park - kick off 3.00pm
half-time: 0-0 result: D1-1 attendance: 574

team: Mellor, Simpson, Brown, Preece, Jones (c), Ball, Connolly (Canham 68), Keats, Allen, Chamberlain (Griffin 78), Morgan (Low 67). subs not used: Norris, Walker.
man of the match: Sekani Simpson
scorers: Low (90+3)
bookings: none
officials: B Holderness, G Maskell, S Moore

league position: 11th form: WdLWWD next match: Odd Down (SPC) (H)

Report taken from

Substitute Josh Low forced home an equaliser with virtually the last touch of the game to ensure Bath City avoided becoming the first team this season to be beaten twice by rock-bottom Truro City. A dismal game looked to be petering out into a goalless draw until the 90th minute when visiting striker Andrew Watkins produced a superb 25-yard lob which sailed over stranded City keeper Jason Mellor and into the net. But with seconds remaining, Aaron Brown's cross from the left was flicked on by Charlie Griffin for fellow sub Low to smash home at the far post. City went into the match on the back of successive 3-0 wins, over Tonbridge Angels and Eastbourne Borough, which had taken them into the top ten of the Blue Square Bet South table for the first time since Boxing Day. Truro, meanwhile, have been well adrift at the bottom virtually all season having been deducted ten points for going into administration. However, they did win the reverse fixture 2-1 back in October and again proved difficult for City to break down during an instantly forgettable opening 45 minutes.

Elliott Chamberlain produced the only shot on target, an angled drive which never really looked like beating keeper Luke Payne at his near post, and Kerry Morgan - preferred in attack to Griffin - scuffed a first-time effort wide from the edge of the box. Truro offered little threat going forward and suffered a blow on the half-hour mark when free-kick specialist Martin Watts caught his studs in the turf and twisted his knee, forcing a lengthy stoppage and his replacement by Ben Williams.

City had a couple of penalty appeals waved away at the start of the second half, with Chamberlain's volley on the turn appearing to hit the arm of defender Paul Kendall from close range. Chris Allen was then barged off the ball in the box by Ben Gerring but referee Barry Holderness deemed the challenge to be shoulder to shoulder. Truro made a second change 11 minutes into the second period, with former Bristol Rovers and Fulham front-man Barry Hayles being replaced by Matt Wright, and they produced their first shot of note when Andrew Watkins volleyed over. City made their first switch at the midway point of the second half, with the quiet Morgan being replaced by Low. It was feared earlier in the week that he could be out for the season with a hamstring strain but a scan gave him the all-clear. Marc Canham also came on for Adam Connolly, who picked up a knock just after half-time and clearly hadn't been able to run it off, while leading scorer Griffin was finally introduced 12 minutes from time in place of Allen. No more chances were created, though, and the game looked destined to finish goalless before finally springing into life in injury-time.