Skrill South
Tuesday 12 November 2013 - Mayday Trust Park - kick off 7.45pm
half-time: 0-1 result: D2-2 attendance: 476

team: Mellor, Bowman, Ball, Simpson, Preece, Gallinagh (c), Stearn, Connolly, Pratt, Watkins, Keats. subs not used: Allen, Low, Brown, Burnell, Rollo.
man of the match: Ross Stearn
scorers: Pratt (59), Stearn (82)
bookings: none
officials: A Coggins (Bicester), S Oakey, S Wales

league position: 11th form: LWWWWD next match: Dover Ath (FAT) (A)

Report taken from

Ross Stearn was unable to cap a memorable Bath City comeback when he saw a spot-kick saved by Tom Lovelock as Skrill South play-off hopefuls Sutton United hung on for a draw at Mayday Trust Park this evening. The wideman had fired City level five minutes earlier after the hosts battled back from two goals down. David Prattís header on the hour mark had kick-started the comeback after Suttonís Mitchell Nelson and Jamie Slabber struck either side of half-time.

Cityís Andy Watkins saw a powerful effort from the edge of the box tipped wide by the diving Lovelock early on, while Ali Fuseini was denied by a well-timed Andy Gallinagh block at the other end after good work by Dale Binns. The lively Stearn looked the most likely source of an opening for the hosts, and his low driven cross just after the half-hour mark took the slightest of deflections off Sutton skipper Simon Downer and away from the waiting Watkins. City had enjoyed a good spell but were caught out at the back when Sutton got themselves ahead eight minutes before the break. Full-back Nelson lost his marker too easily and flicked Sam Rentsí corner into the net past the despairing Jason Mellor. The crossbar then denied the visitors a second goal before half-time, with Slabber sending a looping header against the woodwork with Mellor beaten.

After a slow scrappy start to the second half Sutton doubled their lead when Slabber collected and turned on the edge of the box before rifling in a shot off the underside of the bar. Pratt got the hosts back in the contest within three minutes, though, with the City frontman working his way into space in the box to powerfully head Stearnís cross into the bottom corner. The goal galvanised the hosts and they laid siege to the Sutton goal. After several chances, Stearn finally got them level with a mazy run into the box before lashing past Lovelock. And Stearn then missed out on helping City complete an astonishing comeback win two minutes from time when he was denied by the Sutton stopper from the spot after Pratt had been hauled down by Nelson.