Somerset Premier Cup Quarter Final
Wednesday 12 March 2014 - Bowdens Park - kick off 7.45pm
half-time: 1-0 result: W3-1 attendance: 232

team: Barrington, Hill, Mitchell, Perry, Brown, Adelsbury, Bowman, Gibbons, Wilson, Hailston, Connolly (c). subs not used: Cunnington, Spong, Sloggett, Garnett.
man of the match: Louis Perry
scorers: Wilson (38, 89), Adelsbury (49)
bookings: none
officials: S Yianni, C Scriven, B Lee

league position: n/a form: LLLDDWW next match: Dorchester Town (H)

Report taken from

Scott Wilson bagged his first Bath City goals during a 3-1 win at Toolstation League Division 1 side Cheddar in the Somerset Premier Cup quarter-finals on Wednesday night. Wilson, a recent recruit from Gloucester City scored the first and third goals as City cruised through to the last four. Midfielder Ben Adelsbury also curled home a free-kick on his return from injury, while Callum Ham pulled it back to 2-1 in the second half before Wilson killed the game off.

City, fielding a mixture of first-team and academy players, started brightly and Wilson wasted two early opportunities, firing wide when well placed and then looping a header over the crossbar. Cheddar's best chance saw Sam Jones head wide under pressure but City eventually took the lead on 35 minutes when Adam Connolly broke down the left and crossed for Wilson to convert at the far post. It was Cheddar's turn to make a bright start to the second period of the game and, just two minutes in, Ham had a goalbound shot from 20 yards blocked almost on the goalline by Sam Hill. The visitors did well to hold out under the pressure and gave themselves a two-goal cushion when Wilson was brought down by Joe Ellis and Adelsbury's free-kick, while lacking power, sneaked past keeper Sam Talbot and into the Cheddar net via a post. Cheddar hauled themselves back into the game as Lewis Matthews' free-kick found Sam Jones and his whipped cross was superbly controlled by Ham, whose second touch was a clinical finish. The hosts almost levelled within 60 seconds as Ricky Bennett beat three defenders on the edge of the box but, off balance, fired just wide. Danny Griffiths then sent a volley into the body of a defender on the goalline and Adam Jones did well to rise above two defenders but headed over the bar as Cheddar looked to take the game into extra-time. City made sure of progress in the final minute, though, as Wilson finally killed off the lower-league hosts.