Vanarama Conference South
Monday 6 April 2015 - Westleigh Park - kick off 3.00pm
half-time: 0-1 result: L0-2 attendance: 770

team: Mellor, Simpson, Gallinagh, Ball, Walsh, Hemmings (Stearn HT), Kington (Allen 69), Diallo, Pratt, Watkins (Bowman 69), Artus. subs not used: Keary, Rollo.
man of the match: Andy Gallinagh
scorers: none
bookings: Artus (60)
officials: A Laver, A Dine, T Foster

league position: 13th form: DLWDdL next match: Hayes & Yeading Utd (A)

Report taken from

Bath City handed Easter Monday defeat at promotion-chasing Havant & Waterlooville By ChronSport | Posted: April 06, 2015 By Andrew Kerslake Mark Stillman Football Photography Havant Andy Watkins misses a golden first-half chance at Havant & Waterlooville Comments (0) MATCH REPORT: Havant & Waterlooville 2 (Donnelly 36, Cornick 74) Bath City 0 A goal in each half consigned Bath City to a second defeat at the hands of Havant & Waterlooville this season. The visitors surrendered tamely after the break, scarcely mustering a shot on goal as promotion-hasing Havant squandered chances at the other end.

Former City player Ben Swallow pressed well down the right and in the centre Harry Cornick looked a constant threat. At times for City the pressure was such that 20-goal top-scorer Dave Pratt was left defending at the near post. Havant went close on 16 minutes. A free-kick 30 yards out after Ashley Kington had committed a foul saw Scott Donnelly fire across goal and the ball hit an upright with keeper Jason Mellor stranded. City then had their best chance of the match when a great cross by Naby Diallo found Andy Watkins only six yards out and in so much space he could have popped home, made a cup of tea and still had time to come back and score. Instead the diminutive forward fired straight at Ryans Young's legs, an error that was then compounded by Frankie Artus again giving the keeper an easy save following up. It was certainly the beginning of the end for City, despite Pratt producing a great run from the centre circle before being forced wide soon afterwards. The breakthrough then came nine minutes before half-time. Mellor, who had already experienced great trouble with his kicking, elected to throw the ball out. Unfortunately, he opted for the centre of the pitch and Chas Hemmings, who was clearly not expecting to receive it and surrounded by a mass of Havant players. Hemmings instantly lost possession and the ball was slipped to Donnelly, who again put in a piledriver of a shot from 30 yards to find the back of the net. There was just time before the interval for a further City mishap. Another good cross-field ball, this time from Artus, again found Watkins. Just yards from goal he failed to collect cleanly, ending up tamely tapping the ball over the byline for a goal kick.

City made a change at half-time, introducing Ross Stearn for Hemmings, and for ten minutes it looked to be working. The substitute went on one or two incisive runs down the right and on 54 minutes had a shot, albeit rather tame, that caused Young little bother. However, all the best chances were still coming from the home side, combined with a defence that repeatedly caught City offside. Cornick put in a shot which Mellor tipped over the bar and ten minutes later Donnelly latched on to a pass from substitute Shamir Mullins before shooting high and wide. The Hawks though did not have long to wait to press home their advantage. City gave Cornick far too much space to run along the edge of the 18-yard box before the impressive forward turned and shot back across goal, again leaving Mellor stranded. In the closing stages City again tried to press but still left Young without a save to make, the game ending with a victory for Havant which leaves them only two points off top spot.