Vanarama National League South
Saturday 5 September 2015 - Twerton Park - kick off 3.00pm
half-time: 0-0 result: D0-0 attendance: 766

team: Phillips, Gallinagh (c), Ball, Baldwin, Nicholson; Hemmings, Kington, Williams (Davies 76), Artus, Watkins (McCootie 68), Pratt. subs not used: Bowman, Adelsbury, Coupe.
man of the match: Kevin Nicholson
scorers: none
bookings: none
officials: S Plane, J Roskelly, M Dadds

league position: 1st form: WWWWDd next match: Hemel Hempstead (H)

Report taken from

Bath City were unable to make their opportunities count as they played out a stalemate with Dartford. They created twice as many chances as their visitors, but were denied by a combination of their own profligacy and a couple of fine saves by Deren Ibrahim. The one occasion they did have the ball in the net via Dave Pratt, the linesman ruled him offside. And with Ebbsfleet United overcoming Maidenhead United 3-1, the Romans' lead in the National League South was cut to one point.

Andy Gallinagh got an effort in on goal after less than a minute that flew over the bar as the match took a while to warm up. Indeed, the next notable moment came in the 18th minute when Chas Hemmings lost possession in midfield. Dartford broke and squared the ball across for Elliot Bradbrook, but Steve Phillips dropped quickly to turn his shot away. On the half-hour City began to find their feet. After Gallinagh and Ash Kington combined to send the ball cross-field for Kevin Nicholson, Frankie Artus took a sublime touch and volleyed off target. The visitors threatened when Becka-Kah Dembele's teasing cross was just out of reach for his frontmen. Bath finished the half well on top, creating a series of chances. They even had the ball in the net when Pratt finished Artus's diagonal pass into the box, only to see the offside flag raised. Watkins and Artus then fed Dan Ball, who had stayed up for a long throw, but Ibrahim kept out his close-range effort. Brad Williams had a 20-yard dig comfortably saved by the Dartford custodian before Andy Watkins drove into the box and flashed a shot across goal.

After the break it was the visitors who made the first effort when Mark Onyemah shot at Phillips. Although the keeper could not hold the initial shot, he darted out to smother before anybody could capitalise on the loose ball. At the other end, Pratt held up the ball on the edge of the penalty area and laid off for Kington, who pulled his shot wide. After Elliot Bradbrook skied over for Dartford, Kington found Pratt with a delightful volleyed pass into the box. The City striker nudged the ball away from his marker but blazed wide of the goal from a profitable position. With an hour gone, Ibrahim made a sharp save from Watkins after a long throw from Nicholson bounced through to the far post. Using the wide areas, Dartford then had a spell of danger, the only noteworthy effort a Tom Bradbrook header that hit the legs of Aden Baldwin. Nicholson and Williams recycled a wasted throw in, the latter crossing for substitute Nick McCootie to volley over with his left foot. Pratt's hustle almost created an opportunity for Chas Hemmings, but his weak side-foot shot was turned away by the defence. Elliott Bradbrook flicked a header over Phillips' bar for the Darts, while a similar effort from Pratt found the cradled arms of Ibrahim. The last effort to threaten came when Baldwin spun and sent a dipping volley over the crossbar in a frantic finish that came to nothing.