Vanarama National League South
Tuesday 17 November 2015 - Hartsdown Park - kick off 7.45pm
half-time: 1-0 result: D1-1 attendance: 362

team: Phillips, Bowman, Gallinagh (c), Coupe (Smith 46), Ball, Adelsbury, Artus, Williams, Pratt, Watkins, Mohamed. subs not used: McCootie, Yeoman, Hemmings, John.
man of the match: Kaid Mohamed
scorers: Mohamed (45)
bookings: Mohamed (72)
referee: L Wood

league position: 7th form: LWLLLD next match: Wealdstone (A)

Report taken from

Bath City returned from their midweek 400-mile round trip to the seaside with a point against struggling Margate. The hosts, on the back of a 6-2 mauling by Whitehawk on Saturday, were rescued by Jake Goodman's 87th minute header after Kaid Mohamed had given City the lead in first-half stoppage time.

Playing with a strong wind behind them, City made the most of the conditions in the first half, against a side with only one home win to date this season. Lewis Taylor blazed two efforts high and wide early on for the hosts, while at the other end Nikki Bull had to be alert to parry a first-time stinging half-volley from Mohamed, who forced the keeper into a fine save after Andy Watkins teed him up. Margate wasted a decent opening on the break when Luke Moore fired high and wide after Danny Green found him in the penalty area with City outnumbered, and he was made to pay when City took the lead with seconds of the half remaining. Brad Williams was brought down 25 yards from goal and Mohamed's free-kick dipped perfectly over the wall and inside Bull's left hand post, just away from the keeper's desperate dive.

Moments after the restart, City were dealt a blow when Matt Coupe hobbled off with a suspected hamstring injury, with recent signing Jack Smith brought on in his place for his debut. Despite now playing against the elements, City continued to press. Watkins was denied by the feet of Bull as he found himself one on one, and the keeper was then relieved to see the ball strike the outside of his left hand post when Williams' fine first-time incisive pass sent Mohamed clear. He placed the ball across the keeper but saw it agonisingly flick off the upright before being cleared. On another night the City man would have had a hat-trick and it took a stunning save from Bull to deny him a second. Frankie Artus' corner was cleared to Mohamed, who from 18 yards sent in a shot which looked destined for the top corner before the Margate custodian produced a superb reflex save and parried it behind for a corner. It spurred on the hosts. Nathan Green's surging run from left back ended with a driven low cross which just evaded Freddie Ladapo in the middle, and substitute Richard Jolley almost capitalised on a mix-up between Steve Phillips and Andy Gallinagh before the City captain just managed to recover. Margate eventually found a breakthrough when Nathan Green's free-kick was well repelled by Phillips but fell to Moore. His hooked cross into the six-yard box was met by the head of Goodman, who glanced in to make it 1-1. The result lifted City to seventh but, with no away wins in the league in August, it will feel more like two points lost than one gained for Lee Howells' men.